Braking in a hat

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Ok so I bought this new hat about 6 months ago. But its new. I don't like buying pre-distressed things because I feel that that is a personal touch that comes with time. Like when I wear my new jeans to work and stuff, or when I'm doing chores around the house in a couple weeks they naturally brake in quickly and don't look brand new anymore.

But this hat is 6 months old. I wear it at least twice a week. And it still looks brand new. Its a Zephyr Acrylic hat' its got a little stretch to it. Any ideas for braking it in?

Hmm... I guess I know what you mean. I prefer my trainers now dirty than I did clean, as they've now got personality to them.

Its acrylic? That may take a while to wear.

never wash a hat lol, the front but the "beak" always complete gets destroyed

Amen. You can wash it in warm water if you REALLY need to, but the tumbling will ruin the hat, especially with other clothes in it.

EDIT: I've heard if you wear it in the shower for a while, then let it dry on your head it molds to your head and brakes in real nice-like. But it would still look brand new. Anyone ever hear of this?

They make hat cages to wash hats in, but what I meant was to wash it by hand...

my dad has a great way of washing hats, in the dishwasher, works good, no tumbling and its just water because you dont add detergent to it

I use carpet cleaner spray to clean shoes/hats.

But why do you need to break it in? Is it a fitted cap?

Leave it in the bathroom like on top of the toilet seat when you take a hot shower (The steam will have an effect on the hat, probably gona remove the wrinkles and stuff)

Back
Top Bottom