Barcelona\Phenom

the Phenoms are probably going to be awesome. Im an Intel fanboy, and I can say that with ease.

I just updated a list of parts for the "Ultimate Computer"... it totaled around 6400 USD.. I wonder how much it would be with a Phenom? i guess i'll just have to wait. Quad-core.. SLI-ed GPUs... 10000 RPM HD's in RAID 0/1 ... 8 GB RAM...

CRAP, IM DROOLING ALL OVER MY PART LIST!!! NOOOO!!!

Here are some reviews for the new Phenom:

barck8qg8.jpg

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3092&p=7

Erm, why K8s? If that's the ammound compared to K8, then the K9s probably would have been slight...or maybe...K8s could beat K9s?

It's decieving like that. I pondered about that as well. Perhaps it's a sign that it isn't a significant enough upgrade? Although it should be. After looking at that, I'm thinking that this new architecture is all about hype to get AMD some attention. It's an improvement regardless but this is a foundation for hopefully something even better. I like to see the X4 though and I haven't seen any reviews for that.

I did a search on the K9 architecture. They just improved on the K8 since the K9 didn't perform as expected and just went back to the K8. That is why we really haven't seen a big jump in performance with the X2's. So the K9 were discontinued. Now, the jump to K10 is here.

Back
Top Bottom