Assisted Suicide

superman22x

Golden Master
We have to write a paper for English IV class tommorrow in class on assisted suicide. It is for the college credit in the class, even though the college forgot to mention to our school that we had to do it, so now we only have like 3 days to prepare... because we got an extension...

Anyway, what side are you on?

If abortion is legal why shouldn't this be right?/? But I don't care either way...It's wrong but the person is most likely do it anyways....I'd think a family would rather find out about someone having an assisted suicide than finding them hanging from the fan in their room or laying in a puddle of blood with a shotgun next to em etc..... But that's just me....

i think it should be lega...but meaning theres official paperwork involved...somehow...lol

idk..have both parties sign a paper or something.

but on the issue itself...its like the pulling the plug metaphore...if someone wants to do it, they should be able too

If abortion is legal why shouldn't this be right?/? But I don't care either way...It's wrong but the person is most likely do it anyways....I'd think a family would rather find out about someone having an assisted suicide than finding them hanging from the fan in their room or laying in a puddle of blood with a shotgun next to em etc..... But that's just me....
No, not that kind of suicide. I mean like, you are 81, you have a stroke, you are in the hospital, can't do anything, just laying helpless, but you can think for yourself. Should the doctor be able to say, here, take these pills if you want to end it?

There are cases of the doctor "prescribing" meds with a wink. "Take these for the pain. But, if you take more then 6 of them, it could kill you..." And then walk out the door.

It's a pretty tough decision because it's not like your killing someone but your asking if they want to end their own life.

Oregon's law states that you have to verbally ask twice, and ask once in writing, and there has to be two witnesses to the writing, one not working in the hospital, and unrelated. There is also a 15 day waiting period inbetween written and verbal requests.

Idk who i heard this from, but i've heard its legal in a couple states to ask a doctor to kill you? *off topic.

No, not that kind of suicide. I mean like, you are 81, you have a stroke, you are in the hospital, can't do anything, just laying helpless, but you can think for yourself. Should the doctor be able to say, here, take these pills if you want to end it?

There are cases of the doctor "prescribing" meds with a wink. "Take these for the pain. But, if you take more then 6 of them, it could kill you..." And then walk out the door.

DUDE!

I so watched an Episode of House like that.

Idk who i heard this from, but i've heard its legal in a couple states to ask a doctor to kill you? *off topic.
Yup, thats basically what this is about, completely on topic, lol. Oregon is one of them, idk the rest though.

DUDE!

I so watched an Episode of House like that.
Haha, yeah, I have never watched House, but since it is on the show, it must be fairly common for doctors to do that...

Back
Top Bottom