The Ashes.

Chimaera1

Daemon Poster
The Ashes is a Test cricket series, played between England and Australia - it is international cricket's oldest and most celebrated rivalry dating back to 1882. It is currently played approximately biennially, alternately in England and Australia. The Ashes are held by the country which last won a series and to regain them the other country must win more Test matches in a series than the country that holds them. If a series is drawn then the country holding the Ashes retains them. The last Ashes series was played in England in 2005 when England regained The Ashes after a gap of 16 years by winning the series 2-1. The Ashes are currently being played in Australia 2006-07 with the first test held on 23 November 2006, in Brisbane.

At the moment, The Englis lads are getting thrashed. It is sad really.
Ashes Day 3 Stumps:
1st Innings:
Australia 9dec/602.
England 10/157.

2nd Innings
Australia 1/181
England N/A

What went wrong with you Englishmen? You haven't got the Indian spin bowler in the line up and your better keeper isn't on the field.

I'm not putting this here to poke fun at you but seriously, What's the plan? Let us win Test 1 and thrash us in the next 2?

Indeed, we are lulling you into a false sense of security.

I hope that's the plan anyway. We really can't be that bad.

Yeah, I am following the Ashes intently as I am a die-hard cricket fan. This series has been the biggest build up ever and I hope it lives up to expectation. At present Australia are cruising to victory in test 1, although I do not agree with Ricky Ponting's (Australian captain and most talented batsmen in the world as present) decision to no force the follow on. I think his motives is to to taunt England by showing that not even on a 3 day old pitch can they bowl anything that will threaten our batsmen. He is hoping to ground the English bowlers mind-set into the ground (looks like it is succesful).

England should in no way be written off, as they are also a very talented side. Andrew Flintoff, Harmison, Strauss etc are all world class. Unfortunately for them at the moment Englands bowlers are not clicking with Flintoff having to do everything. However they have the potential there and that is what can spark a great battle between the nations.

My favourite batsmen is Damien Martin: hugely gifted, graceful player.
My favourite bowler Shane Warne: one of the greatest test bowlers of all time, has the ability to destroy a whole team. He is often clouded in controversy but anyone who denies his supernatural talent is a fool.

Looking forward to watching more cricket. Cmon on Australia!

cantona said:
...... although I do not agree with Ricky Ponting's (Australian captain and most talented batsmen in the world as present) decision to no force the follow on. I think his motives is to to taunt England by showing that not even on a 3 day old pitch can they bowl anything that will threaten our batsmen. He is hoping to ground the English bowlers mind-set into the ground (looks like it is succesful).
I don't think that is the reasoning at all, I believe he is resting his bowlers so hopefully they can knock England over a second time during the last two days, with a healthy lead (600 - 650) it takes away all pressure from the bowlers with regards to the run total and they can concentrate on the stumps.

The English camp must be really embarrassed, the whole team couldn't match Pontings individual run total in the first innings. Ponting 196 - England 181

My favourite bowler Pidgeon: He just owns iyt up a good one. 6/50 ain't bad.

I also think Ponting is resting the bowlers. It's pretty damned hot over here ;)

Back
Top Bottom