Any doctors in the forum? I need help!

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Im having a really bad problem with my right ear...I keep getting constant thudding in it...I went to see my doctor and I belive he gave me the wrong advice saying it had to do with my sinuses. I wasnt going to critise his opinion so I tryed clearing my ears and using nasal spay etc . Im sure it has nothing to do with my sinuses as when I clear my ears I still here the thudding as im doing it. Very strange. So, becasue its me I went on the internet and went to see if anybody else has had this problem and bingo! I found this-

"Two days ago, I was awakened by a thumping sensation in my good ear. This lasted for ten seconds. Then, my left ear began twitching and thumping, first mildly, then severely to the point where it kept on thumping with my ear drum moving back and forth. This was the worst attack ever. In despair, I called my ENT. He saw me later that afternoon. He believes that this is being caused by palatal myoclonus (muscle spasms) and myoclonus of the middle ear muscles."

This describes my symtoms bang on...But what should I do? Go back and tell him hes wrong? (which is one of the most arrogant things you can do in the world) Or just live with it and carry on trying his methods? Its really distracting, I cant work with this twiching in my ears and I have my exams coming up soon! What should I do!!

sorry no doctors, DON'T ask people online to help they wil give the wrong advice see your doctor again or see another if its needed go to hospital

Yeah, I agree you should go back to your doctors. Doctors aren't always right you know :p

Just say that that isn't working, and say you have researched about that, and ask is it possible. It might also help if you explain more about the sensation your getting.

Hope this helps

I wasnt asking how to sort out my ear! I was interested to know what should I do next...Looks like I have to go the doctors again. Its driving me beserk!

well said Kage ... please don't get any online advice its all rubbish (well most of it) and you may be reading into the wrong thing!

I cant seem to hear properly in both ears and i here this whooop sound constantly. I really dont know what to do, i think i am going death.

This forum is turning all doctory...ahhh!!!

Whooop? Like a submarine under the water type whoop? :p

Anyhow, I would like I said to 99Nasha, go to the doctors, explaing what exactly is happening. If what they say doesn't help, go back and say that isn't working. Doctors won't shout at you for commenting there knowledge since they know you'll be worried.

Hopefully then, you'll get the answer. It seems in your case Steven11 it might be build up like 99nashas was meant to be, but I'm no doctor. Go!!!

..uh?... lol... 601... Have you just gained 100 posts or something and become a Senior Member? Is that what you mean? In which case, Well done

Back
Top Bottom