Another Gamer Dies

Infin1ty1

In Runtime
Report: Man dies after 'marathon' online session

BEIJING, China (Reuters) -- An obese 26-year-old man in northeastern China died after a "marathon" online gaming session over the Lunar New Year holiday, state media said on Wednesday.

The 150-kilogram (330-pound) man from Jinzhou, in Liaoning province, collapsed on Saturday, the last day of the holiday, after spending "almost all" of the seven-day break playing online games, the China Daily said, citing his parents.

Xu Yan, a local teacher, said the "dull life" during the holiday prompted many people to turn to computer games for entertainment.

"There are only two options. TV or computer. What else can I do in the holiday as all markets, KTV and cafeterias are shut down?" the paper quoted Xu as saying.

China has seen an alarming rise in the number of teenage and young adult Internet addicts in recent years, despite attempts to restrict minors from cyber cafes and limit online game playing times. (Watch how China is trying to cure Internet addicts)

About 2.6 million -- or 13 percent -- of China's 20 million Internet users under 18 are classed as addicts, state media have reported.

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

No wonder he was 330 pounds. He probably got up to go get some more cheeto's and collapsed from all the work.

Tommy Boy said:
No wonder he was 330 pounds. He probably got up to go get some more cheeto's and collapsed from all the work.

Lmao...

Shame though people get to obsessed with the game and make the fiction their reality which pretty sucks :(

Tommy Boy said:

ROFL thats exactly what I was thinking when I read this!

That's taking gaming to the extreme, and it does'nt help to be that over weight too..I don't think it was just his weight that did him in.

Wasn't there another guy in China or somewhere that died playing WOW?

I remember a while ago, some guy in Korea went on a gaming binge and played for two days straight without eating or even taking a small break. I think he went to take a piss in the bathroom and just collapsed and died on the floor.

alvino said:
I remember a while ago, some guy in Korea went on a gaming binge and played for two days straight without eating or even taking a small break. I think he went to take a piss in the bathroom and just collapsed and died on the floor.

ya he probably had a seizure from looking at the screen way too long

When your that fat, it's called "morbidly obese", which means that your life is in danger all the time. Doing simple movements like walking and breathing become a chore. So something like having a heart attack doesn't surprise me.

Those are the kind of people that when they go to the doctor he says "You need to lose weight NOW or you are going to die".

Back
Top Bottom