ahh too many languages!!

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
okay, i decided i'm going to learn C++, Visual Basic, and/or C#, which would you suggest i learn first?

VB is much simpler, C++ is probably the hardest. You could try Javascript of something to get you into scripting and the plus side is you don't have to keep going back to the compiler and back

Well VB is fairly simple, and is a good introduction. I just took a class on it last year, and it helped me understand a lot.

I agree with David, C++ is not the easiest language to learn especially if you intend to teach it to yourself. The basics are easy but it gets a lot more complicated.

so i have visual studio 2005, i have the versions for c++, c#, and vb, i think im gonna go with all your advice and learn vb first, but what do you suggest for after that? does c# build on C++ and wtf is .NET?

IDK for sure but .NET is some microsoft BS. lol i don't know much about it. And yes C# is a modified C++ language. I think it is meant to be a little simpler but offers a little less functionality as a downside.

Are you positive you want to develop desktop applications? Or would you rather web applications/web sites, if that's the case, start off with HTML and CSS, and work your way to PHP or ASP.

im kinda dabbling, finding what i like, i want to make windows apps, but i might learn css/html later, im not sure

Back
Top Bottom