About the new iPhone 5c and 5s

I think I'm sick of going to every tech site and seeing 15 articles about it. The real star of the show is going to be iOS7. By pushing it out down to the 4S, there will be a bunch of people who won't upgrade their phones - but of course there will be a bunch that do.

I think the 5c seems silly. It's $100 cheaper, but I don't know if that's worth it. Maybe if I want to buy one for a kid or something. I suppose it does make sense to have a lower price option. I routinely tell people switching to smart phones for the first time to try a lower price android first, and then upgrade to an iphone if they feel like they'll use all the features available on it. This might be a way to get some entry level users to use iPhones from the start.

Either way, it's the same as any other new phone announcement. New phone/new OS/upgraded hardware - not all that exciting really. Especially when I've already seen all the features (even saw it on a jailbroken phone running iOS7). Not that exciting when it's all leaked ahead of time.

the color of the phone isnt a great succes to me. if the iphone 5c wants to be a budget iphone it really has to get lower in price. you pay in the netherlands 600 euro for a iphone 5 and 300 for a 5c (when it comes out) i didnt watch the full presetation but my apple freak friend did, he expected way better and ios7 isnt that good in his eyes. the 5s is a bit more better, it has a 1,8 ghz, a5 chip (my friend says that) and a finger scanner in the home button, the iphone 4s was way better then the iphone 4, the 5s is really a dissepointment (dont know if i spelled that good :p )

the color of the phone isnt a great succes to me. if the iphone 5c wants to be a budget iphone it really has to get lower in price. you pay in the netherlands 600 euro for a iphone 5 and 300 for a 5c (when it comes out) i didnt watch the full presetation but my apple freak friend did, he expected way better and ios7 isnt that good in his eyes. the 5s is a bit more better, it has a 1,8 ghz, a5 chip (my friend says that) and a finger scanner in the home button, the iphone 4s was way better then the iphone 4, the 5s is really a dissepointment (dont know if i spelled that good :p )

1. $100 cheaper is a step in the right direction for the "budget" phone. The iPhone has never been a budget phone and you are paying for the name and the phone and the software.

2. The 5s has an a7 chip (not a5) and it runs 64 bit architecture. This means it is way faster and allows for some really complex programs to run.

3. It does in-fact have a finger print scanner.

4. I don't think anyone is calling it a disappointment.

Agree with others in that I doubt the 5C will really take off in the market they want it to -sure some will get it, but I'd imagine for most it'll be as an alternative to the 5S rather than as an alternative to another more budget phone.

Also don't see the big fuss - there's nothing really unexpected there. Sure, ios7 has had a facelift and a few UI additions (am I the only one that thinks it looks much more like Android now?), the phone has had some performance upgrades - but there's nothing really to write home about in there. It's all pretty expected stuff. As said already, just another relatively normal phone release - they've just tried to hype it around ios7 being radically different (and unfortunately the media has bought this hype!)

Back
Top Bottom