1280 by 1024 Screen Resolution!

:eek:

That doesn't mean I'm amazed - that means my pupils have dilated so far my mouth can't close. Has anybody else used this resolution? I did use a 15inch TFT Monitor until this Afternoon when I decided I would try out the 19inch CRT I had festering in the corner. I thought I could get 1280 by 1024 out of it because of its size no matter about the age (My Longhorn Sidebar Style thing takes up quite a bit of space with the Clock and all, and I don't like Scrolling Horizontally). It certainly worked and by god is there a lot of space! I had a headache for the first hour, hour and a half or so but after that its just like the old one with buzzing from time to time and more space! :D The flashing in the corner had not gone after 2 horus but once I popped it up to 85Hertz it was perfect. I'm still getting used to the markets which come up like flys on the CRTs but its nice. Now I'm trying to find an Adaptor for the '4Big 8Small Pin Plug' (if you know what this is called then please tell me! :D) in new Graphics Cards so I can put both on. :D

Anybody else used or using 1280 by 1024?

I have tried this resolution and it sucks. Not many monitors can support this resolution however.

Thats a point! :D But Still - its very good when you need mroe space and don't care too much about the monitor. I do trust the endurance of the monitor though - its a fat bastard so it is.

Is your TFT moniter the advent one cause i havn't seen a 15" TFT which can do that res. Mine is at 1024x784 that is as high as it goes. (i need a new TFT moniter to go with my pre ordered 6800 ultra)

GeforcebOY said:
Is your TFT moniter the advent one cause i havn't seen a 15" TFT which can do that res. Mine is at 1024x784 that is as high as it goes. (i need a new TFT moniter to go with my pre ordered 6800 ultra)

Nah, my TFT is Fuitsu-Siemens from my previous computer (I only brought an Advent Tower) and it can't do 1280 by 1024. Thats why I changed to the 19inch so I could do that.

I will probably try and swindle some money up for a 19 inch Advent TFT in the January Sales.

LOL! Yeah - I imagine it would be much better with such power on a bigger screen. The tests I saw and gave in my review of the 6800 showed better gaming at 1280 by 1024 than the 5900 (even though that is damn good too) can do at 800 by 640!

Back
Top Bottom