Stricter Rules For Hosting Section

Dynamix

Fully Optimized
Okay then here goes:
--------------------------------
The webhosting sections are aimed at dicussing aspects of webhosting including dicussing various providors to the industry. and a place where hosting companies can offer there services, it is also a place where individuals can post requests for hosting. The rules are here as a continous aim to provide a better place for members.

1.Users are welcome to discuss various providors and give there comments good or bad, However flaming and use of abusive language is NOT tolerated.

2.People related to hosting companies are welcome to post there plans/special offers within the hosting sections, when doing so all hosts should provide the following.
-The Url of your or your comapnies website
-A valid email address
-Details of what payment methods you accept

We advice companies also to provide the following but are not essential.
-The location of your servers
-Your uptime
-A link to your Terms Of Service
-A Ip address so individuals can ping your server
-Any minimum contracts
-If you accept international clients
It is also a good idea to state wheather or not you are able to host adult websites.

3.When requesting hosting please try to include
-Your budget
-The Maximum amount of space and bandwith you require.
-Any specific requirement- Control panel, server hardware etc.

4.For hosts replying to requests you must meet the exact requirements or exeed them. Only post plans which are within the clients budget or lower! If you do not meet the specific requirements of the client DO NOT POST.

5.When hosts post there offers users are NOT welcome to post things like "I can do that plan for $20 cheaper" or "I get that off my host for cheaper"

If you are unsure if your post will break our rules here at computerforums contact a moderator.

Written on Behalf off the CF team By Dynamix

-------------------------------------------
that took me ages! lets hope David accpets them:p

5.When hosts post there offers users are NOT welcome to post things like "I can do that plan for $20 cheaper" or "I get that off my host for cheaper"

why not? surely marketing is all about competition, people looking for hosting are looking for the best deal they can get, if another forum user is a host, then they should be able to sat that they can better a deal, if another user knows where a better deal can be found then they should be able to say, (in fact I believe should really have a duty to say so).

what is the point in having a section where people can talk about hosting deals if you arn't allowed to speak of the best deals for fear of upsetting the more expensive hosts?

if someone is requesting hosting then its fine

if someone is posting there plans i think that rule should apply

if you were advertising your hosting company how would you like it if i came along and said ill do all that but cheaper

I did mean where people were asking for services, but in the event of the example...

If I were advertising my hosting company, (which I am still setting up) then I would have to assess my business model, and decide where I could cut costs...

Back
Top Bottom