social lounge=turmoil

plague1

In Runtime
This was ssomething i posted in the "Stupid Pope" thread but i think it shoul also be here so we(I) can get the maximum amount of feed back and see how the majority of members think about this.

Look i know this is the social lounge, but the this site is called computerforums.org. I think that all the turmoil that lead to people acounts getting deleted [not that i am saying that i am on Zens side or mabe i should say on the side that puts others down for what they belive in or put down others opinions. i know what this feels like i am muslim and have delt with people who hate me for my religion, but i dont bring stuff like this up in the forums because i know how much turmoil it will start. Plus this is not the place for it.
I think either the mods and admin should moderate the social lounge for stuff like this thread and delete it. Or we should get rid of the social lounge. In the end my point is that this is not the place for these arguments, but i have no problem if people debate these matter just not here.

THANK you for the feed back.

I agree I think we should have a rule where you can discuss religion or politics.

Absolutely not. The social forum is a place where we can discuss these topics. Don't bring up AMD ZEN. That's history. He's history. First off I could care less about whether or not someone is a muslim. My sister converted knowing I'm gay and knowing Islam practically calls for the stoning of gay people. You know how I view Islam? Not very highly! But that's beside the point... we have a right to discuss these matters there. And I was being civil!

Maybe make a forum that just says "debate" and have it tightly moderated.

Steampowered has the same rule since it caused them alot of problems. If we can be civil then I am all for it.

But if things begin (which they are) to get out of hand then. I say institute the rule.

I'm agreeing on this, The name suggests social lounge, indicatiing that the discusson does not necessarily have to be about computers,

however social lounge implies social discussion not political debate...

I have suggested a couple of ways where you could perhaps seperate people who want serious discussion and people who want social discussion.

as it is we never have real debate, we have a few people shoving their opinions down each others throats, and swearing and insulting each other when the other person won't change their views.

yes roots got it right! that would be the best thing to do. less fights and all fights can go into the debate thread making it easier to filter out bad stuff and get to the good stuff..

however people need to use thier own judgement and common sense these days they want everryone to filter everythign for them. its not gonna work that way.

people need to look and judge and think for themselves. no forum can be perfectly run and its very very hard to keep one up. specially in this day and age where everyone sooo busy!!!

people should learn to filter stuff out themselves instead of expecting it to go away, it wotn go away, theres no magic script or happy pill for it.

thats how the world is. and Im not gonna be liek that to my kids. I want them to figure things out on thier own and not be sheltered form everything. the only things I wont let them watch is mtv and nickelodeon. those channels and websites dumb down people and make stupid kids outta evryone.

the more wieght you put on stuff the worse off you will be and more miserrated and worrysome.

literally, you can get worry warts my gramma and mom have them!

I go to the social lounge thinking I can discuss these things. I treat it as a cafe when I'm with my friends. Any topic can come up. Though I'm not at someones throat and saying cuss words to them there or here...

Social lounge is open to anything. People just shouldnt be able to be rude towards other peoples beliefs but saying they are sh!t or something^^^^

Back
Top Bottom