So now you guys delete posts?

I played with my own posts and couldn't delete them. Could you possibly link me a thread (pm if you want) and I can look into it?

Sorry, I've been offline for a couple of days.

@Og, I believe I moved the posts that you're looking for. It wasn't just your post that got moved, but also a reply that had taken the thread off course for the OP so I removed all the unnecassary off topic posts.

@Detox, a link would help as celegorm requested as I'm not familiar with yours getting removed.

It was about retrieving a Windows password, and I think I linked to a site that you can get recovery tools from.
I wasn't too worried about this, as I thought this was unacceptable to this site, after the fact of course.

It falls in this venue.
(A) Do not ask for or offer activation codes for software. Also asking for or offering instructions for breaking in to web sites, e-mail, message services, or software is against forum policy. (B) Asking for links to Bit Torrents, example where to get recent episodes of television shows etc. Your account can be disabled at the moderator's discretion for violating this policy.
They did the right thing.

No it's not... However, one could easily post that they lost their own password in hopes to gain access to someone else's, possibly stolen, account/computer. I obviously wasn't here during the early days of CF but can understand why a site administrator would want nothing to do that type of scenario were the authorities to ever get involved. I personally don't know if a site administrator could be liable or 'party to the crime' would that be the case.

To the original post and reason for this thread: I do apologize if my moving your post (Og) has upset you as I see it may have, next time I'll give a clear and concise reason as to exactly why such actions were taken immediately after they were, but they were only taken in the best interest of the thread in question and that threads OP/concern. Like I stated in a previous post, it wasn't your post that drew my attention, but a reply made to it that took the thread off course. To rule on the side of fairness, both posts were moved.

I've been busy lately, and I realize this thread is in that range of "OMG Necro!" but I did want to reply and say it's ok to do the mod thing and move things, I'd just appreciate a heads up (A PM is a great thing)

As a former forum moderator (& super mod) it's the least I could have done for the folks on the forum at the time as well.

Also: apologies for the subject of THIS thread. I was annoyed. :/

Back
Top Bottom