Sig

lhuser

Golden Master
I know I'm not using it, but having the maximum of 5 lines is plain ridiculous. What I've usually seen is what I will say to use instead.

Why not changing the signature to 255 characters instead?

...or since we can't have custom sigs like in other forums, maybe we can have as many lines as we want it. I like to have like 10+ lines in mine.

I hate pics(even though this thread isn't about them,lol) they make the place look sloppy. if people can have as many lines as they want then there are going to be people that are going to abuse it and go crazy with like 20+ lines. I kinda like the character thing but what if people pput like one word (or even letter) to a line like:

a
b
c
d
e
f

I know my sig is like 6-7 lines on 800*600 but on my res(1024*768) it's only 5 and i don't have any problems with the amount of space allowed.

Thats one of a forums problems, it shows up differently on different res. so its up to the admin of the forum what happens with the final decision.

I think that the normal ruling should a standard 17" screen, at 1280x1040.

jac006 I have that resolution on a 21".
As for unlimited sig lines it would fill the screen worse than all the stickys in the lounge ever dreamed of.
Like at my place we have the 5 line limit and it works just fine. Also we have set the VB coding to just show the sig once per page on a thread. I think if you ask david he might go along with that. But untill he makes a change you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Well ... having a signature image would be nice, but if David chooses not to change it, then it is fine ... it is his forum anyhow

Meaning 255 character, pressing enter would be 50 characters...to avoid this

ex:

250 12345

lhuser said:
I know I'm not using it, but having the maximum of 5 lines is plain ridiculous. What I've usually seen is what I will say to use instead.

Why not changing the signature to 255 characters instead?

that would work fine with the enter being 50 charecters.
But then why go through the trouble in changing it, I don't see whats so bad about the 5 lines.

Back
Top Bottom