Server needs maintence

Half Evil

Golden Master
Im not sure how stable your server is, but im always getting the 20 second time out thing. Every thread I make. Sometimes, it takes me 3 or 4 times to make a thread.

Also with anything more then probably 2000, or 3000 characters gets the 20 second time out.

Also there is when I post, it goes to a white page. I go back, post it, and it shows that I have posted the same thingi n 5 minutes. That also happens when I click the logo to go to the index, and sometimes even when viewing threads.

Can something be done about this? I am actually starting to think its your outdated version of VB.

Onto my second try. Im glad I copied everything so I didnt lose it when I go back. But then again I use opera, so it doesnt disappear like it would in IE.

Thrid try.

Edit-
Just this took three tries. Standby for a test in the spam archive.

Wow, all three test threads in the spam archive were on the first try, but this took me 3 tries. Weird.........

i think that Vb should be updated lol it would probally solve Every thing
Edit:Woot to a fellow Opera user :D

Updating Vb doesn't mean that everything will be solved, That is just one of many things that need to be done around here

Upgrading vBulletin most likely won't solve execution time problems... thats more-less the limits on the server... maybe its there so it won't overload at peak times?

i get that same problem too...its a pain sometimes....it just lags on the loading then comes out fatal exceution or something....then when u hit back button on your browser to post it...it says it was already posted...although it hasn't been.

exactly, i think this needs to be solved, rather it's VB software or server issues. If there are too many members or posts or something, then some mod should volenteer(sp?) to go through at least some of the members and delete ones that havn't been accessed in like 2 years and only have between 0-5 posts or something like that

MooseMan said:
exactly, i think this needs to be solved, rather it's VB software or server issues. If there are too many members or posts or something, then some mod should volenteer(sp?) to go through at least some of the members and delete ones that havn't been accessed in like 2 years and only have between 0-5 posts or something like that

Yes he should! do that

Back
Top Bottom