New advertising technique

David Lindon

Golden Master
I'm sure you will have noticed the small ad appearing under everyones signatures. The recent donate thread got me thinking and I wanted to see if there was a way to raise a little extra revenue and maybe remove the links at the bottom instead. I'm sure everyone would agree that a small add for newegg etc would be better that having some of the links at the bottom that we do currently.

I would like to hear if you think this ad is too much or find it annoying etc.

Another option I had was to use a kind of 'donate link'. This link would popup a number of sites similar to those show in the current ads which you would be free. These sites pay me commission if you buy anything from them and they use cookies that last for 1-2 months so you would only need to click the link once every few months say. Then if you do order from these sites CF will receive the commission. Let me know what you think about this idea too.

haha i just made a thread wondering if it was just me :D

how come some people cant see it? (Well some people = ace777) ;)

For me, when i make a post, it brings up a page which is blank and has just the small picture :confused: thats kinda annoying but dont know if its a glitch or something

What I mean is, after I write a post or reply, and press the "reply button" it takes me to this blank screen and just stays there :confused: I have to refresh the page to see the actual post

Hmm... Well, Could you make it every 2 posts or somthing? Seeing it again wouldnt make ME want to buy it even more, it would just annoy me, and make me want to remove it. Also, When you reply, it redirects you to a page with only the advert in it... It's annoying.

alright this is really annoying actually i love these forums but now we don't look legit.Its like the reason we don't put animated sigs the forums because they are really really clean and professional if anything we shouldn't do this.

In the center of the page is annoying, and maybe make a frame around it so people know its an advertisement.

And when you post you go to a white page with just the ad on it, that keeps loading, that is really annoying.

Back
Top Bottom