Mods...and power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself and some other members, in spite of recent events, have noticed that the forum needs new moderators. Now, so far no one has been mentioned or anything. However, we get the feeling that since no one has been mentioned and the current mods, whom most don't even show up, such would be "root" and Lord Kalthorn, among various others, are seldemly here, yet they retain their mod powers. Why is this? How is it that decent members whom constantly contribute to the community don't become mods, yet peopel who are..

• Never here.
  • Don't seem to care about the forum.
  • Never post.

Still retain their mod status? When we have multiple members who are always here, love to contributute to the forum, and contastnly post, never get recommended. Seems as though the peopel who are mods don't want anyone else in their little "clique" so to speak. Do not get me wrong, I enjoy this place, I liek posting, I'm OK with the leadership, but it seems that in spite of recent events, we could use at least one or two more moderators, and the administration/staff has more then enough peopel to choose from. So, it's a rather simple question: Why haven't the prime members here been promoted to staff?

And to Mark: DOn't close this thread. You clos eto many good threads. Myself and other members have clearly noticed this. :)

Yeah, its funny so amny members have said we need new mods in our time zone but yet none of the mods nor David will make a comment. Your right, some of the mods dont even show up, your lucky to see them once in a blue moon. ALso yeah Mark why did you close " I quit" there were still people posting in it and were talking, no one was fighting in it either so I dont think you shouldve closed that thread.

Dev0115 said:
Yeah, its funny so amny members have said we need new mods in our time zone but yet none of the mods nor David will make a comment. Your right, some of the mods dont even show up, your lucky to see them once in a blue moon. ALso yeah Mark why did you close " I quit" there were still people posting in it and were talking, no one was fighting in it either so I dont think you shouldve closed that thread.

i closed it because it was just going round in circles, repeating the same points over and over again. the thread had run its course... therefore i closed it.

[moved to comments and suggestions]

also, no one was fighting? how about the 3/4 pages of argueing which saw computergen temp banned?

I'm here basically all the time and, regardless of what you say, root's here a lot of the time too.

JustinMcG67, it's painfully obvious by "prime member", you mean yourself. We give up our free time to keep this place free from spam, bad content etc., and some idiots choose to throw it back in our faces, believing themselves to be better than everybody else. And I feel you'd have the same cocky attitude you've got now if you were to be promoted, which is not a good thing for somebody in that official position.

JustinMcG67 said:
  • Never here.
  • Don't seem to care about the forum.
  • Never post.
As I say, I'm here. I do care about keeping this place ship-shape, there's a lot of crap threads getting started up sometimes. And I do post. As does root.

David appoints new mods as he sees fit, and nobody else can make the final decision (although we do get to recommend people).

Hey, instead of mods we can get "controlers" People who are controlers can ban people for like 3 hours ect. And then the mods can take the situation over ...Ehh i dont know just an idea

Well, it just seems as though somethgin that the forum needs, really isn't being discussed very much by the staff. At least that's what I'm gathering from it. To me, it seems as though the mods don't want anyone else to join their group. NOw, I could very well be mistaken, however, it does come across like that.

I just simply want to know if anythgin is being done about the 90% of the members clearly saying that we need a moderator in a different time zone. From what I can tell, the people here are demanding a new mod, no one is suggesting anyone or anythign liek that, but we want to know if the possibility of a new mod is being discussed with by the staff. I think the members here, at least the one's who are active, have a right to knwo what's going on.

[EDIT] How do I have a cocky attitude? I'm bringing up a subject that a lot of members are discussing outside of the forums. This is a hottly discussed issue, and we want answers. So if wantign to know somethign is cocky, then by all means I'm cocky.

Dev0115 said:
Hey, instead of mods we can get "controlers" People who are controlers can ban people for like 3 hours ect. And then the mods can take the situation over ...Ehh i dont know just an idea

actually I think that it's a great idea.
If it's possible to make it so that u can only ban for a maximum of 3h, and maybe move and edit posts too.

But I do think that this is a very good idea.

JustinMcG67 said:
Well, it just seems as though somethgin that the forum needs, really isn't being discussed very much by the staff. At least that's what I'm gathering from it. To me, it seems as though the mods don't want anyone else to join their group. NOw, I could very well be mistaken, however, it does come across like that.

you cant see the staff lounge, so you have no idea what is being discussed. as i said before, paitence is a vertue..

Well, thats why he said he could be mistaken, because he doesnt have the access to that lounge. But then again its not like you guys have said much about it, so this would lead us all to make predictions on whats going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom