Mobile Viewers

sherwood

In Runtime
Hey,

This was an idea that i thought of. If people view this forum when they are on a mobile device like a mobile, PDA or even albums it must be very hard to view it as it will be very hard to navigate. So I found this template that you could use http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=174375

Don't know whether this will benifit anyone but I think it would be a good idea.

I come here on my phone sometimes, its actually not bad at all, it fits in one column and its easy to navigate.

Ah right. I have never actully tried to view this forum on my mobile but I have with others and I foung it very annoying to navigate around.

I find using the Archive to be very efficient... no images = quicker loading time & less RAM usage :)

I have just tried it with my mobile and i found it very hard to navigate as everything was to big so it would take a while to get to the bottom of the forum. I will test out the mobile phone on another forum and see if it is any better.

EDIT: Tried it on my mobile on a forum that uses it. I think that it is a lot easier to view forums also if you do decide to get this Daivd then you should consider this as well http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=173239 because it auto detects mobiles and assigns them the mobil theme.

It is not a long job of installing this it takes max about 2-5 mins.

I have installed this at my forum for test use if you want to try it.

Its not bad at all for me. I use Netfront 3.5v Concept's mobile browser. I tried taking some pictures but it won't capture the whole page when in landscape mode so these are from portrait mode which isn't as wide.

This is my normal mode with medium text. I just use my stylus to drag across the screen or use the side buttons to float the screen. Again portrait mode makes everything a bit more squeezed in.

MobileCF.jpg

Double tap the screen and zoom out to navigate a specific section.

CFMobile2.jpg

Smart render mode

CFSmartrender.jpg

It looks a lot better on that than it does on my mobile. I would try and but pics up but I can't as it wont let me capture the screen.

Back
Top Bottom