Members Rankings

clacker

BSOD
So how do these rankings work?? I have noticed that as you put your cursor over peoples forum rankings it has comments like "can only improve" is it judged by a moderator?? If so why hasn't mine been done??

So how do these rankings work?? I have noticed that as you put your cursor over peoples forum rankings it has comments like "can only improve" is it judged by a moderator?? If so why hasn't mine been done??
It's not a ranking system but rep system. You make a post or thread that people like or find useful they add to your rep and leave a comment only you can see. On the flip side if they find something you post to rub them the wrong way you may get a negitive rep. It's all BS if ya ask me. Don't sweat it.

It's not a ranking system but rep system. You make a post or thread that people like or find useful they add to your rep and leave a comment only you can see. On the flip side if they find something you post to rub them the wrong way you may get a negitive rep. It's all BS if ya ask me. Don't sweat it.

+1

The rep system is flawed in this forum. You're often awarded rep for doing cool things or taking an extreme side alongside another member in a discussion. People rarely use it exclusively for tech knowledge. In a way, it's like a popularity contest. As said above, don't worry about it. Once you're here long enough you know which members really know their stuff and which don't.

Ahh I see how it works now I have helped loads of people but no one gives me rep. :(

How do you give people REP??

I think they need to have different sayings of ranks instead on senior member or guru. make it sound more exciting..

Back
Top Bottom