I've had it.

This forum is going downhill,and it's not going to fix it self.Something has got to be done to attract new members,We are 2nd on the google search for "Computer forums",We need some sort of incentive to make people register.

Also an overhaul with the Rep and ranking system,people just posting to get a new rank or that extra bar of rep is stupid.Custom avatars have been a sucsess i think,so why cant they be 95x95 instead of just 65x65? Custom Sigs would be cool but not nescesery,but everyone wants ot be differnet,you can be that much different with just text.

Also,Another thing,There are thousands of posts in the sugestions section,i have only ever seen 2 of these suggestions implemented.Does david look at half of these?? I know he is busy but he should listen to the people and atleast trial some of these suggestion that people have suggested.

A New theme would be nice too,This theme has worn out its stay,its lost its new car smell,its time for a new look.Take a look at this forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

They have 150,000 joined members,we have 26.000.There community is more way more active than ours,there forums allows for more customisation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic116134.html

Take a look a that link there,apart from the ad's,i think it looks pretty profesional.Even with the features they have.Also they have soem great ideas about a resources section and stuff like that.I think half the reason we have lost some good members,is because they have become bored,or moderators have banned them for stupid reasons.Also,New members are getting banned becasue people think they are george monks,so what,he did what he did,give him a break and just forget about it.Also brookfield,im sure he is sorry,why cant we forget about him too?

If Nothing is done to this forum to stop it from going downhill,I will consider leaving.

Cheers,neodude112320.

I would not mind new members, but I kinda like our community. Everyone knows each other and for the most part we have fun.

Also,New members are getting banned becasue people think they are george monks,so what,he did what he did,give him a break and just forget about it.Also brookfield,im sure he is sorry,why cant we forget about him too?

If Nothing is done to this forum to stop it from going downhill,

you did bring up some good points..mind you nothing that hasn't been said before. But the last part leaves me scratching my head. You say to just forget what george and brook have done then in the next breath you say that if nothing is done the forum will continue to go downhil...Well personally i believe that just forgetting everything Brooky and George has done is basically the equivalent of doing nothing. Because what they have done in the past has contributed to a certain extent to the forum going downhill

I think it would be cool if we could do something like guru3d.com has, with video card sections and all, but we need more active members. And the reviews would be nice, but that would be hard to do. To get new top of the line stuff. And a download section for different tweaking programs, modified drivers and stuff like that. But thats just an idea.

Well, in a way it all just depends on what exactly do we (the CF members) want for the forum. I'd bet 90% of the registered users here are like me and don't know enough to help people with their PC problems, most folks who come to the site see it as a place to come for help when something craps out...not somewhere to spend free time.

If folks want more members to come and stay active I think there should be incentive for them to stay. Customs Avatars are sweet...but if there isn't something or somewhere for regular pc users who don't know much about comuters can go and not feel intimidated because in a way they wont feel like they can contribute to a place devoted to something they don't understand, you know? if that's what the members and david feel they want then there needs to be more than just posting in the social lounge, things like contests or maybe even add sections for reviews on movies, games, or anything, maybe even a Music section for the musically inclined members...something for regular folks who are PC illiterate to enjoy and be able to relax. Somewhere where they feel they could contribute.

But I'd think for starters something like maybe a Tutorial section for Photoshop tuts or other useful guides could be posted, or something like superman22x suggested with Video Card gallery's.

I agree a tutorial section would be good for the site and encourage new members to stay a bit longer to have a look around. There is enough knowledge here to get a decent one started.

2nd for the tutorial, and other reference sections.

I really think that we need to have more than just forums to make this site stay successful.

I'd love new member
We do need a new look
As for the avatars I cant even get the one I want...
Custom signatures would be cool like user bars and stuff

custom sigs and avatars bigger, wont help a whole lot. We need big time changes. Theme, setup, more than just forums. Get newegg built into computer forums, lol. Gallery as something more than just a sub-forum. Make it seperate from the forums, and we need a nicely set up homepage.

Back
Top Bottom