Instant email notification

TheAdjustment

Beta member
The reason I am posting this here is because I figured the information could be beneficial for this forum as well. Now to move onto my question.

I run a very small (27 member) political forum with a friend, and my question is how beneficial is it to have the "Instant email notification" turned on? I am looking to generate content for the forum but at the same time I would like to know if turning this on anoys users? I would love to heard input from as many people as possible about this topic and what people prefer, having the Instant email notification on or off. Do you people like it, dislike it? Please share.

Mods feel free to move this or turn it into a poll.

I found it very beneficial when CF was just starting out just to keep members coming back so I would definately suggest it

I don't use it because I don't want 10,000 emails on replies to threads but it could be a good idea for members looking to keep updated on replies throughout your forum.

Good idea when the forum is new.

Its a great reminder for the people who may forget.

or just give them the choice to switch it off if you do turn it on - that way if they dont mind being reminded - they can choose to turn it off themselves.

Yep, good idea!.
good.gif

Back
Top Bottom