General hardware and software forum

David Lindon

Golden Master
Well as you can see it has disappeared and to me doesn't look like the db crashing could have done that so I can only assume someone got in somehow and deleted it.

I'm going to have a look what can be done to re-instate it but if not I may have to restore a backup from a few days ago.

I'll keep you updated with any information

Wouldnt all our post counts have gone down had it been deleted ?

Does vb let you restore specific tables from backup or do you have to overwrite the whole forum db with the backup i.e. lose EVERYTHING from the past few days?

Ive used the vb admin panel before years ago but I cant remember

This is a bit wierd. And it sucks, lol. I was on there only 2 hours ago, and now its just gone. If yuo restore it, you only need to restore it too about 8:30 Central time.

This is a bit wierd. And it sucks, lol. I was on there only 2 hours ago, and now its just gone. If yuo restore it, you only need to restore it too about 8:30 Central time.

Yes but the last backup is a few days old David said.

yeah and while your there david i just thought id let you know the quotes stopped working in general hardware and software.

hope you get it sorted mate....

i wonder if this is related to the incident kage was talking about.

some1 tried to get into his a account on another forum and the suspect has been doing it to alot fo forums

i know i havent been here recently... but! I remember when I was here that nobody every went to the more specific forums and just posted everything in the "General Computer Hardware and Software" forum. This accidental deletion could be a good thing, because it may boost the other forums...

I think if the site was hacked and the db accessed from the outside then whoever did it could have done way way more damage which is why I dont think its been hacked and the table hasnt been deleted.

Post counts would have fallen surely if it had been deleted outright?

If the site was properly hacked by somebody with a grudge it would have been absolutely trashed and not subtledy damaged, I mean it took me a minute to notice the missing section

Back
Top Bottom