Filtering System

Alot of times I feal held back on just what I can say.Some topics seem like they need cussing alloud. I know that could lead to flamming,but still.Id like some sort of filtering system,to where if you registered under the age of say 18,the words where **** out,and even have a option in your user cp to turn on/off cussing if your over 18.

Edit:wtf am I saying,this will never,and shouldent happen.

Well basically users should not say that anyway, there isn't an option to set it on a per user group basis etc.

I think thats it fine and that we shouldnt Swear because if we all started swearing wed all be booted out quick :D and your right it would lead to flaming

Language has never offended me because it is simply just words, and whether written or spoken I don't see why people get so worked up about it. Words can simply just help to prove a point or to emphasize a thought; and alternatively, they can make the speaker/writer look like a complete moron.

But on a public and popular forum like this, I guess you guys are right that language has to be monitored to prevent offending the 13,000 registered users... Although quite honestly I've never even seen a thread that merits a curse response, except maybe spam :)

It could be possible with a modification (I don't know for sure), but I doubt it...
But on a public and popular forum like this, I guess you guys are right that language has to be monitored to prevent offending the 13,000 registered users...
Agreed.

I dont see much swearing anyway, +, if when people do swear, a mod goes in and changes it.

There is a way to block them, and to have it automaticially insert a new word, but it would take a while, plus, people find ways of getting around it, I think you can get around it if you have like [ u ] and [ / u ] around them, because the VB would see the word as [ u ]f***[ / u ] instead of f***

Most people prob dont know what the hell im on about, so Im going to press the button, and walk away..

there aer word filters built into most forum systems and I imagine there is on Vbulletin as well...

it'd be very easy to make the forum replace words on your posts for you. but that may also lead o some rather strange posts.

sexton isn't a rude word, it's a mapping instrument, but in a dumb filter it'd get replaced as if it were rude (first example that came to mind).

I see that sometimes people do get angry and post strong words, I do it too sometimes, but really we don't need a word filter, we just need cooler heads!

persistent swearers get warned and eventually banned if they can't monitor and check their own posts.

Yes, there is a word censoring filter in vBulletin (Duh... its the most popular paid bulletin board software around].

I think on IPB you can choose from loose filter, which will filter anything near or similar to the word, or exact which will only filter that word.

You can probably get automatic lists of words that can be imported into vBulletin on the web, I know there's a file that you can import to invision power board that contains like 100 different censors or something. Pretty good
sunglasses2.gif

Back
Top Bottom