Chat\Shoutbox?

Wouldn't that detract from the main forums? I'm sorry, but none of your suggestions make sense. Are you just suggesting the first thing that pops in your head everyday?

^ no. my last forum had a shoutbox. kind of like random chit chat but the posts didnt count twoards your post count, so stupid points cant boost up your point count

I must disagree since most of the content here is intended for further learning and archiving the progress in technology. Its interesting going back and seeing some of our old posts, and how we've come in progression of technology. The shoutbox/chat does not archive..

When a shoutbox is implemented, most people use it and do not post. All in all, the actual FORUMS die off...

Not to mention, many AJAX shoutbox releases are causing for MAJOR server issues. It usually causes a MAJOR load issue to Apache and takes the server down.. I'm not sure why but its happened on phpbb and vbulletin, that I've seen.

Add a poll and see what people say about it, I think it would be a disaster if they did add something like that.

Back
Top Bottom