Chat

This is a perfect way to encourage people to get online and stay online. In theory, you'll also have faster responses to questions (from mods and admins). Of course, there is always the issue of spam, but we have some problems with that anyway. It gets my vote. I don't know if I like that forums chat (although it didn't work for me), but I think something like Gmail chat or Meebo would be sweet.

You could also have the option to make your chat log a forum post, so others could see the solution.

Well we could have set Mods for chat that would be able to ban people from the chat area.

Yeah and it would also encourage users to stay online.

It would also encourage users to not post in the forum. Just what the place needs...less posts.

Maybe have a request chat at the bottom of the thread.

but i guarantee that we will get a recorded ad though... i hate spammers and it would also lead to verbal abuse

It would also encourage users to not post in the forum. Just what the place needs...less posts.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This idea has been brought up earlier. I can't remember which side I took, but I'm against it now. If you need a quick answer just trying PM'ing an online user.

Chats and help over PM's doesn't benefit the community as a whole. When questions are posed in the forums and answered in the forums, every one gets a chance to weigh in.

It's a cool idea, but every time this happens, people use the chat for 2-3 days and they are never seen again.

Back
Top Bottom