Adding forum color themes

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
I've got this on a couple of my other forums, one being www.m3forum.net/m3forum.

Check that forum out. There's a drop-down menu underneath the top-right user box that contains your name, private messages, etc. We've added options for users to select dark themes (black/gray main background, red or blue text) and some other themes, too. That would be something cool to have.

Best,

Chris

I do agree, it is a good idea, being able to tune the colours to your own tastes is awesome, however I don't think it is a good time to ask David for anything else at the moment, I am sure he is busy still trying to sort out the white screens. Would be a good thing to have a look at further down the track.

yeah that'd be really good, compared to 1 permanent theme that would probably lead to more requests than we would if we left it. That way everybody's got a choice.

Yeah that is a good idea, so it can be whatever you want. So you get what you want not somebody else. Good idea.

these are just suggestions , its a good idea.
and its not like theres any pressure to do this quickly like the captcha

Just to repeat what cryman said, why are some of you complaining about the suggestion? Or the timing of it?

1. I never knew that forums were subject to "one improvement per unit of time" sort of thing. Okay, so we just got a spam filter. What does that have to do with a theme suggestion? Unless one single person manages ALL aspects of the forum and has no time on his/her hands, I don't see why multiple improvements cannot be implemented in a simultaneous (or near) fashion.

2. I'm not pointing a gun and forcing anyone to design it right now. Its a mere suggestion and as I mentioned before, my other forums use it and the members love it.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom