Suggested Training for Servers

bluescorpion

Beta member
Hi All

I currently work for a mid-sized company that is at a crossroad. The company has used Linux based applications for a number of years which has worked fine for their servers, security, etc. (The desktops have Windows 7). I'm seeing more growth potential with the company and wanted to be ready when the time comes to upgrade the current infrastructure.

So, I have the opportunity to attend some sort of training to help plan for the future and wanted to see what you guys suggest. I'm looking at training for Windows Server, VMWare, or Linux training). I'm looking mainly at providing a better security environment for the company. What do you guys suggest

Thanks for any input :whistling:

Potential growth how?

If the company just wants to out in loads and loads of new systems that are exactly the same then you won't need any training on the systems, but may see ral benefits in virtual technologies so a VM course (hyperv VMware xen server etc) would be helpful.

If new growth means that you're l ikely to experience 'attacks' of some kind then security training may be good... Trouble is its hard to study general security most courses are going to be product specific...

The best answer is that gaining is a great idea, findind the best training very much depends on your companies strategy and growth plans (so I can't give a good answer without more information!!

Back
Top Bottom