explain about in group policy.

thaimic

Baseband Member
Hi guys.

I am not familiar about some items in group policy of windows server 2008 it means how such as Default Domain Policy, Default Domain Controllers Policy, group policy objects.:confused:

thanks in advance.

Hi threadmark,

I want to know.

1. Default Domain Policy use for ???
2. Default Domain Controllers Policy use for ???
3. group policy objects use for ???

thank in advance.

Do you know what a windows domain server is and what it's used for? Policies are instructions/rules that manipulate how the Microsoft Window's server behaves. For example, if you want to take the c drive out of the explorer then policies are the way to go.If your question was more specific I may be able to help but your questions cant be fully answered by me because i dont know all the limitations of group policies. in my opinion windows servers are only good for file sharing.Tell me what you want to do and I will see about giving you the information.
TM

Thank for you reply.
So, can you tell me the difference betwen Default Domain Policy use and Default Domain Controllers Policy.
thank in advance.

default whatever policy are just some basic policies to get you started.

you don't have to use them.

generally, default domain policy sits at the top level of the domain tree and is applied to all OUs (except where inheritance is blocked), default domain controller policy sits in the domain controllers OU and applies specifically to objects in that OU.

Group policy's are used for applying policy to groups. (various software/settings on the machine)

Back
Top Bottom