What Program is good?

Apl

Baseband Member
Hi, i'm new to this forum. And i really hope i could get some help from you guys. ^.^

This is my first thread and first question...
so my question is, What program do you use?

I'm currently using Dev-C++ to learn C++
I'm getting tutor from this website. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

But then when it come to compiling,something went wrong >.<
I did exactly as the website show on the example and i compile it, but when i open file that i compiled it just went blink and disappear.
So now i'm trying to find a better program that i could use to learn C++
or did i did something wrong.. o_O

Please name the program you use or you think is good.
Thank you

Insert an input prompt. I'm assuming all your program does is display "hello world" or some sort. After executing your program, your system closes the screen after it is run. Inserting a prompt will keep it open until you press enter.

Oooh, i see.
okay, thank you Knight.
I only know how to do system ("pause");, which i found from the other thread but i guess it's the same as what you're talking about...

using system ("pause") is a little sloppy...

the command system gets a command and runs it, that means it's not really a C function.

you could have system("notepad") to launch notepad,

you should use gets,scanf,getchar or something simillar to wait for a keyboard interruption.

root said:
using system ("pause") is a little sloppy...

the command system gets a command and runs it, that means it's not really a C function.

you could have system("notepad") to launch notepad,

you should use gets,scanf,getchar or something simillar to wait for a keyboard interruption.

Well, I'm still on section 1.2 on the tutorial so i don't really know all those gets,scanf,getchar things yet. >.<
thanks though. ^^
It would be great if you put an example.. hehe

Back
Top Bottom