Stopping a task from ending (VB)

Coldflame

Baseband Member
Im writing a program that i dont i dont want to be terminated by taskmgr or any other program. I know i could create another program to check it and reopen it if necessary but i dont want to do that. Any suggestions( any way to register it as a system task ) and by the way im using visual basic 6.0

Ah hahahaha!

Lol; you won't be able to stop a program being closed by Task Manager in C or C++, let alone Visual Basic - and certainly not Visual Basic 6.0.

As for making it a System Task - even if it was, it can still be closed down, and you again won't be able to make it do that in Visual Basic - if indeed Microsoft let out code samples for that sort of thing generally instead of just to large companies with contracts to do decent things with the knowledge; which you obviously aren't doing :D

A program that will open the original if its closed... you'd have to make some kind of checking Application to integrate with the Task Manager's knowledge basically - I don't know how you could do that but you won't be able to in Visual Basic.

well, since thats not gonna work, i could always try running it in another programs memory (by the way, its a security program for for a company, not supposed to be closed by the employees, keeps them out of certain programms and stuff)

Back
Top Bottom