python lockup

Pucuck

Beta member
Does anyone here use python? We are using it in a class room using Win2kPro. Sometimes when I try to compile and run a program, it locks up and does'nt respond. Now when I try to run IDLE it wont load up. I have to load it from CMD in order to get it to work? Can someone enlighten me on this problem?

well, we actually have to use the program since it is for the class. We are getting into perl and that stuff later, but I wanted to fix my python problem

Pucuck said:
Does anyone here use python? We are using it in a class room using Win2kPro. Sometimes when I try to compile and run a program, it locks up and does'nt respond. Now when I try to run IDLE it wont load up. I have to load it from CMD in order to get it to work? Can someone enlighten me on this problem?

*bumping up an old thread - but this needs to be said*

Looking at the date you wrote this, you would have been using version 2.2 ... which is known for it's slight buggyness. If you haven't already, get your school to download the 2.3 version of Python ... no extras from 2.2 but, all the known bugs are fixed. I have been using Python 2.2 (since it intrigingly came with my comp)for quite a bit, and only yesterday got 2.3 - same layout, no different codes, just 2.2 without the bugs. :)

Hope that helps.

- Rocker -

Back
Top Bottom