Need help launching website....HTML, CSS, Javascript code

jackhensy

Beta member
Hey guys,

I used Notepad++ as my web editor to create a website. I used HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to make it a fully functional and interactive website. It includes a blog, podcasts, count downs, and a search engine. I spent a year creating this website. My problem is three-fold.
1.) How can I launch this website from the code I written to make it a stand alone website? I have to have Notepad++ installed on my computer in order to view my website. Not cool.
2.) When I send my url to my friends/family to open up the website..it doesn't work on their end. They tried opening it in IE, Chrome and Firefox.
Here is the url link to my website....C:\Users\TW\Desktop\GOP\GOP.html
3.) How can I change the url to....www.gopamerica.com?

Thanks fellas!

you need to upload the page that you've made, (both the HTML, and images, and and style sheets etc, to some online hosting space.

then you'll need to point your domain name (using your registras tool panel) to that web hosting space.

nowadays most registras are also hosting companies, so you may find that you've got some webspace included in your domain registration, and that can be easier than working with two different companies.

As Root said, you need a web-host... The link you are giving people, isn't a URL, but a file path on your computer. Once you have purchased web-space, you can upload your website documentation to the host. As Root said, most web-host providers also handle web registration, and vice verse. Also, be ready to pay a hefty price for a .com domain name.

Back
Top Bottom