MS Dos Help Please (right section)....

Ash2

Baseband Member
hi guys, i apologise if this is in the wrong section!

Anyway, a person i know at college keeps telling me to type format c:// in ms dos. I don't know what it does or whether i should, could someone tell me what it does and if it's ok??

Thankyou.

Ash.

well, it may format the hard drive, thus you would lose everything on it, although, to be honest, I'm not really sure, just a guess really!!! But I hope thats better than nothing

Ok, cheers man.

My 'mate' has some nerve to ask me to do that command, will have to get him back :p

Thanks again.

get on his comp then say "i never used that command ill try it now" lol that will piss him

When running on XP pro and the volume is in use it will not format with that command instead it will ask u to dismount the volume first.

You could always secretly type in ipconfig /release :D I did that trick once and then took quite a while for the people to figure it out lol ... or alternatively as someone said, you could try it on his computer, although i doubt it would work ... ;)

the most stingy thing to do is get one of those disks that boot and automatically flash the bios .. stick it in the floppy when he isnt lookin and next boot he will destroy it

Back
Top Bottom