Moving on from Visual Basic, recommendations?

Thieflock

Solid State Member
I'm in college and am taking a VB summer class. I'm also a computer science major and enjoy programming. It's a seems like a good career for my analytical personality mixed with my natural artistic talents. Although I am enjoying programming, VB is a little boring. I would prefer a to be able to do all the code from a terminal or and a GUI. Any programmers out there who know VB and an other language they prefer that I might also like.

try delphi . Its a varient of pascal . I have only done a lil bit in it and not realy learnt any but it seems quite good

if you doing vb, you could try getting into asp.net and write the background code in vb or c#. Very useful if your going to be getting into the job market in software devel anytime soon. .Net framework is pretty hot everywhere right now, when I was looking for a job a few months ago I'd say 75% (at least here in mn) wanted people with .net experience. Otherwise if you like to right console based apps you could learn c++. java is very similar to c++ also, if you leaned one or the other you'd be able to pick the one you didn't know up very well.

Back
Top Bottom