Java2CGI

Phoenix2

Beta member
I have a website (well I will once it is online) and it is CGI created by Perl. I want a java applet in it, this java applet will take some information, and (based on users desicions) change that piece of information. The Perl script, loads up the MySQL database, and then inserts the information in the param things of the HTML tags, so the java applet can pick it up.

But the problem is, I can't think of a way that the java applet can return the information (either to the CGI or the MySQL database, with out using cookies though...)

Please could someone help.

A difficult one, the javascript can't use session variables as it's not server based, however you can send information to the server side scripts using both the standard post and get methods...

not everyone has them swithed on... I'll assume the information you want to store is quite vital, and the site will be broken for anyone who blocks cookies either deliberatly or because they are behind a cookie blocking proxy server...

the worlds most popular proxy appears to be Squid, and whilst I was at uni noticed some weird behavior with squid and some cookie based forums (not this one thank god).

Back
Top Bottom