backgrounds

computerdummy

Solid State Member
im having a problem with chaging the back ground on my computer! i will go to control panel and go to display an it will not let me click on anything it seems its all froze up can anyone help me thanks! sorry if im in the wrong area to ask this question im a newbie here

have you run any AV/SPYWARE scans? if no try that, It sounds like your drivers in the display are corrupt, not sure how to fix that, you could try a system restore or windows repair from the OS cd

If you find that your display drivers are corrupt than if your monitor didn't come with your computer, you should have a cd that should have the drivers on it. Otherwise you are going to want to check the manufactures website. If there isn't anything there, then google your monitor brand and model for drivers.

Cheers

If you find that your display drivers are corrupt than if your monitor didn't come with your computer, you should have a cd that should have the drivers on it. Otherwise you are going to want to check the manufactures website. If there isn't anything there, then google your monitor brand and model for drivers.
Cheers

this is mostly right, as long as you replace monitor with video card. All monitors will use a generic driver (there are some that you can use one made for it, but you don't need it, just streamlines the interface and such if it does anything.)

If you go to your control panel. Then choose classic view if it isn't already there, next choose system. In system choose the hardware tab. Click on device manager. That should list all of the hardware that is on your computer. Under the Display adapter it should list the graphics card you have if you have one, otherwise it will just list integrated graphics.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom