Overclocked my CPU and Graphics card

shozzking

Daemon Poster
I got a venemous-x and I've got my i7 sitting at 4.2Ghz and my temps haven't gone above 67 degrees celicus.
CPU.png

I also overclocked my 5770 to a 1GHz core clock and 1.35GHz memory clock. my max temp on that is 81 degrees.
GPU.png

I stress tested both the CPU and GPU for 3 hours each without crashes. Are those decent temps or could they go lower?

I would really try to keep the temperatures on your i7 under 60C. 81C is under the limit for GPUs, but I would try to push it below 75C. Excellent overclock though.

im going to reseat my cpu heatsink, temps for all of the cores are below 62 and then theres the 2nd core. I think that there might be a bubble in the thermal paste. I'm getting a second 5770 tomorrow as well as a 9800GT for physx.

I would really try to keep the temperatures on your i7 under 60C. 81C is under the limit for GPUs, but I would try to push it below 75C. Excellent overclock though.

Good luck getting an overclocked i7 on air to run that cool.

Yea. The i7's run hot at high OC's. 67'C @ 4.2Ghz is dang good. I'd expect those temp's with HT disabled.

I like to keep at least 20'C from TJmax so 80'C while stressing hard is ok.

I have a rather huge problem right now. I got a vapour-x 5770 to use in crossfire so I reset my clock speeds to default in afterburner and then uninstalled it but now my old card is running at speeds that are slower than the defaults which is giving me BSOD's like crazy. Has anyone heard of a way to fix this?

I have a rather huge problem right now. I got a vapour-x 5770 to use in crossfire so I reset my clock speeds to default in afterburner and then uninstalled it but now my old card is running at speeds that are slower than the defaults which is giving me BSOD's like crazy. Has anyone heard of a way to fix this?

If it's a problem with the idle clock speeds, try this.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=135202&enterthread=y

I think most people have ignored that and been fine. Although it's not usually a good idea. I think i7's have a pretty high thermal tolerance.

If it's a problem with the idle clock speeds, try this.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=135202&enterthread=y

I think most people have ignored that and been fine. Although it's not usually a good idea. I think i7's have a pretty high thermal tolerance.

its not the idles that are bothering me, its the max ones. my old 5770 has a max core clock of 850 which is 10 under stock. so whenever im playing games and the cards start working harder then i get a BSOD. I've temporarily fixed it by putting the underclocked one as the primary but I'd like to get it to run at stock.

Back
Top Bottom