Liquid Cooling Help

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Most of you know me around here, I've been on and off. Still finishing up school lol, so its been hectic. Well I've decided to go ahead and try liquid cooling. I know the basics, but I don't know whats "good". I was wondering if someone could put together a kit for me, it can be all seperate parts, or a ready-to-go kit. I'm looking to spend less then $300.00CAD before tax. I live in Canada so please keep that in-mind when suggesting websites to purchase from.

What i'd like to cool, an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 LGA775. Depending on the cost, I wouldn't mind cooling a 9800 GTX OCX either.

Thanks guys, can't wait to see what you's have to offer :)

I'd be more than willing to help you find parts to go with this, but my instinct first is to deter you. I'd buy better hardware before going with liquid cooling. GTS450, perhaps?

The G92 gets pretty hot (as I've seen personally) and e8400's can when pushed - As I can see you are trying to do. Nonetheless, I wouldn't invest into a liquid block for a card that's outdated as you could decide to upgrade soon. And then you find yourself in a position where you need to sell a 9800 AND a block.

I made that mistake on my 790i. I bought a chipset block and now I need to sell BOTH.

As for CPU only loop, I have only one suggestion and that's the same as I'm currently using.
-Koolance PC4-980
-Koolance CPU-340
-DangerDen BI 240GTS
-FeserF1
-Fesertube

However, if your aim is to go with CPU only, buy an H70 kit. It won't offer the same performance, but it will get damn close for WAY less.

thanks for the reply.

Yes, i'm trying for the cpu only, reason being, i want to be able to upgrade the cooling system once i do decide to cool my video cards. I looked at the H50 and H70, but those are limited since they cannot be upgraded to include cooling for a future GPU.

Thanks for the cpu suggestion, it looks great!

Back
Top Bottom