Let's overclock my CPU!

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I want to try OC'ing again. Here are some pics of it being stock.

CPU-Z.jpg

CPU-ZMem.jpg

Overclock.jpg

Sensor.jpg

(Sorry about the "Trial" thing in everest).
Anyways, let's assume I have never OC'ed before, and you guys are in control. Which means I will not do anything until someone tells me to. Now, I want to see how high I can go, but I don't want to risk frying my system. So if in order to get further, I have to up the volts to where there is a high or moderate chance of frying, let's stop there.

So, let's start...

Go ahead and check for BIOS updates to your rig. I want to see if XFX has released to any revisions to help the 3GHz issue that your board is known for.

P08 is the latest one, and I doubt they will release anymore.

I doubt it, too. But I just wanted to make sure you were running the latest revision.

I'm gonna go get some coffee and we'll get right down to it. Vamp up your fans to get the system running cool and we'll roll from there.

Do you still have that laptop to work off of? It'd be best if we could run a chat/talk. It's very hard to help an OC from the forums as it can become difficult for both parties.

Should I update my BIOS to P08? I heard that it's best to stay with P06.
Yeah, I still have my laptop.

I'll have a look around right quick.
Do you have skiffa? (Skype)

Unfortunately, Not being an XFX member, I can't read what the updates are from P06, to P07, and to P08. Though a few have mentioned it's mainly upgraded CPU support which is good for you, especially since you have a Wolfdale. Proceed to upgrade to P08.

I have an account, but I don't have it installed on my computer. I am getting it now.

EDIT - Skype name is ze_teny

Alright, then. Let's get down to the good stuff. It's gonna take me a minute to re-situate myself with Phoenix PG6.00 It's been a number of months.

Back
Top Bottom