CPU Cooler that wont get in the way of my RAM?

seanyboy9500

Beta member
Hi, I want to upgrade my Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM to 8GB, but my CPU Cooler gets in the way of one of the RAM slots, so one stick will not fit. Can you please advise me on what CPU Cooler will not get in the way of my RAM, and will cool my AMD Phenom II X6 1075t. My motherboard is a Gigabyte 870A-UD3 and the socket is AM3.

Thanks for your help.
Sean.

Which cooler do you use? Normally any CPU cooler is well designed to be away from other components, unless you didn't follow the installation instructions carefully. I use a Cooler Master 212 hyper plus on my Phenom II X4 965BE : It's quiet massive and when tried to install it first without referring to the manual it did get in the way of the RAM, but I needed to change it orientation to get these slots free.
I advise to reread your cooler manually carefully or watch a how to install video.

My current heatsink is an Akasa AK-968, it can only be mounted with the fan facing up or down only, not facing the front or the back of the case :/
The Dominator and Vengeance DIMM's both have tall heatsinks, I'm pretty sure that the Vengeance ones are taller than my Dominators.

Back
Top Bottom