Wireless Problem

thesatelliteguy

Solid State Member
Hi there,
I have a desktop PC and an an apple ibook G4. I just bought a wireless router (Dlink 524). Of course, I was planning to share the interconnection to the mac wirelessly and the PC would be from normal ethernet. I have my DSL modem (NEtcomm NB3100) connected via ethernet to the DLINk and then on the LAN output, a cable going to my PC. Now I went through the Wizard that DLINK provided. My internet Provider uses PPPoe or whatever it is, I entered my username and password, completed the wizard. Now the internet won't work on both computers! The ibook detects that there is a wireless network so the antenna must be okay. I've gone through all the settings possible to man and finally got somewhere. The other night, I opened up internet explorer on my Mac and up came MSN. But when I typed in google, nothing came up. I typed in another site and it came up, i think it was dogpile, and then I tried another website and it didn't work! It was like half of the internet was down! Unfortuneately, I lost the net a little while later when I was changing more settings. I've reset my router and my modem, entered my details and still, nothing works. I'm beggining to think it could be a problem with my modem. Is there a setting in my modem that I have to enable so that the modem can become available in a wirless network or something? Does anybody have any idea of what I might not be doing or if there is a problem? Thanks in advance.

Satelliteguy

Back
Top Bottom