Wireless Network Packet Loss

ROSEBLOOD

Baseband Member
I recently got a Netgear Wireless Media Router, a D-Link Cable Modem, and a Netgear Wired Router. Ive been lossing some packets every now and then. Ive rebooted all the computers on the network, rebooted both routers and still loose packets. On average i send 27,000 packets and recieve about 22,000. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening??

EDIT: I did update the drivers on all the computers

~ROSEBLOOD

Its normal for a wireless signal to lose packets and such, the device will just try again to send the packets.

I've checked all connections, updated the drivers, and made sure both antennas are plugged in. Im still loosing packets, now im loosing about 50-2000 packets.

~ROSEBLOOD

Oh, Wireless. Probably just natural on Wireless - can't expect everything to get there.

Its a big range; but you're not going to get it loosing 2,000 Packets much so just put up with it I'd say - or get a more recent Wireless Network.

Thats the thing, its new. it supports 802.11a-g and can go up to 108mbps. I dont understand why its doing that. updated everything and even called NetGear and they are saying reboot the pc and the router, but it doesnt work, so im clueless.:confused:

~ROSEBLOOD

Its still just a Wireless Network - you're always going to loose Packets. If you throw bags in the air for someone to catch you're always going to not catch a huge range of them, differing everytime. Whereas if you drop them down a tube you're going to get fair more back.

Back
Top Bottom