wireless and ethernet prob

dude_se

Proper Legend
not long ago i asked for help in getting my psp online at school. that didnt work. i now have a laptop and i have access to both the wireless network and connecting the ethernet cable from one of the computers also allows me access to the network's workgroups and stuff...i just cant get internet. they both connect and i can even get on the schools intranet, just not internet. my friend used to do it on his laptop perfectly not long ago till his laptop went in for repairs. apparently ie 6 only works and i have tried that with no luck. it tries to load the page for ages and then fails. the school is apparently with a provider called "we learn" and in some other rooms the computers seem to login to a we learn server or something (these are the comps a lot of teachers are using at my school. it has a we learn login box instead of an xp one). if i use an ethernet cable from one of those pc's it works. even msn messenger :eek: ... what could be wrong in the other rooms?

5 views in like 5 hours... come on people... dont go offending me and making me fcuk off back to the psp forums where ive been for the past few months lol :p

It could be something simple, like they dont want you connecting to the internet, so they have blocked it. Or it could be a configuration problem on your computer, what happens when you connect to the network and type ipconfig in the command console, post the results

ipconfig:

2mhtxj5.jpg

bump. yesterday i went into that other room and i could even get on the sites that were normally blocked. those rooms can only be logged on by teachers so i think it has a different filter or something i dont know. one of my friends said he had to mess around with some proxy settings or something to get it working. i really dunno :(

run a ipconfig /all so we can see the DNS settings. Are you able to get the internet when you take it home?

forgot about this thread lol! .. ipconfig is above^^. at home is ok. everywhere is ok except school

Back
Top Bottom