WiFi problems

robertsain

Beta member
Hi all, I am here to discuss some issues I recently met with my laptop. I am using windows 8.1 in it. 2 months ago I installed connection from an internet service provider in Ontario named Acanac-Inc Toronto. A few days back I connected the laptop to my college WiFi. After that, I can not access the internet with my home WiFi. It showing connected (internet access). When I start browsing it shows the page can not be displayed. I tried to connect my friend's laptop to my home WiFi and it works fine. and the provider is also saying there is no issue with the connection. Does anyone here has ever faced such an issue? I hope somebody can give the solution. Thank you.

Yep often over here in the UK with the junk Sky router. My usual first action is to turn the router off for 20 seconds than turn it back on. That, so far, has always sorted it. Have you tried that? It's not ideal I know but my standard router is known to be rubbish. I could change but for various reasons that isn't quite that straight forward with Sky.

I would try "Forgetting" your home network, and the reentering the password and reconnecting. Try this page for instructions on how to forget the network in windows 8/8.1.

Also, go into internet explorer, Press alt+X to open "Tools" menu, go to "Internet Options" click on "LAN Settings," and make sure that:

Automatically Detect Settings is CHECKED
and all other boxes are UNchecked.

Your school network might have implemented some changes to your proxy settings that may be causing issues at home.

try that.

On my Dell FX160 I can connect to Verizon hot spot wirelessly. But, cannot connect to me Netgear R 7000 router. My Acer computer will connect to my Netgear router and the computers are located in the same place next to each other. Only one computer is on at any given time.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

That isvwhat I did last night after reading your reply. Wrote in the password. Still did not connect.

Not sure. Maybe try going into Device Manager, and uninstalling the network adapter(s) there and then reboot and try again.

You mean uninstall the network adapters and reboot before reinstalling the network adapters?

You mean uninstall the network adapters and reboot before reinstalling the network adapters?

Since I did not have any replies on the above question.

Here is what worked.

Uninstalled the network adapter. Then restored the computer. The network adapter automatically reinstalled by itself. Now the computer connects to the router wirelesly.

Back
Top Bottom