Who has the fastest internet connection?

zero4zero

Daemon Poster
You can go to the following site and choose the site closest to your place, do the speedtest and record your speed; http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Here are mine. 6034/848 videotron anon @ J8T6R9 6500/900 17th 04:25AM 82-130-66.mc.videotron.ca

Note, there is a patch you can download from www.speedguide.net for your type of connection and operating system which can help improve your results quite a bit.

Mine is 26624/8,541 last time I checked. Those dumb speed tests freeze up everytime... Can't stand DS28 lines..

i have a 108 mps wireless. of couse, i think its 1.5 mbs for transfer rate or wahever. toolazy to check.

Nice! T3 is fast, but it has spike problems later at night... I have no idea why.. :( Anyways, besides that, it is hard to find servers that support my connection, so usually my download speeds are about what most other people's are, 350-500KBps or so.

AMD ZEN, the test is not about download speed but about bandwidth. For example a 56k modem would be thought to be 56k but it is lower, and the download speed is usually the bandwidth divided by 8 max. So a 56k modem downloads at around 6.0 max; unless you know the PCAnywhere trick and apply the at&fx to your modem string.
In my case for example if I get ~ 6000 bandwidth, I download generally in the 750 K/s range; but I can buff at dl start-up to over 1000. The same applies to the upload speed; if I get ~ 840 bandwidth, I upload at ~ 105 K/s (840/8).
Downloading and uploading a lot large files (700 > 850 Meg), my internet connection is probably my most important component .

Back
Top Bottom