Urgent, Please Help?

Tomibewi

Baseband Member
Hello I'm not very good with networking, I recently got the Virgin media Not so Super Super Hub, The Range is Terrible.
So basically I have 2 Spare routers preferably I'd Like to 'Bounce' the Signal off the sky router as it has the best range, How would I go about doing that, I've tried using the Modem mode on The super-hub settings 192.168.0.1, That made no Difference as no actual SSID was being sent out, any information about this will be Greatly appreciated.. Regards Tom

Well....there's a lot to consider here.

Is the 'Super Hub' a modem, a router, or both?
Is the 'Super Hub' supposed to do wireless?

Either way, it's probably best to call their tech support and tell them you want to hook up your own router and they should be able to walk you through it over the phone.

Both and yes... I read about it online and I found that both routers need to have WDS The virgin one did but the Belkin one and Sky one didn't I have changed the channel on virgin and found that is was set to 5ghz instead of 2.4Ghz. you Probably know that 5Ghz has a Terrible range. so I have set it to 2Ghz it's seems to be functioning fine and I've ordered a Stronger PCI adapter for my computer thanks for the reply though :')

Back
Top Bottom