transfer data from laptop to tv

endone17

Beta member
Hello!
I have question, can you transfer data such as ; movies, music and pictures from laptop to LG smart tv. My question is if I can because I want o connect external HD via USB to my Smart tv which is wired to my router and I want to transfer data from my laptop which is connected wirelessly. I want to see the HD on my network. Is there passibilty to do this and if so please guide me :) thank you !

Smart TV I don't think have a network connection. At least mine doesn't. You can plug the USB hard dive in to the TV's usb port if it has one.
Catch there is the tv is only going to play certain movie formats like avi. Check the owners manual for the format yours takes.

Mine has connection thru WI-Fi or wired. I know that i can plug my extanded hard drive. Via usb port but i want to see my hard drive and share it copy and past to it movies and music from my laptop when the hard drive is conndcted to my smart tv
Thank you for replaying

Assuming LG hasn't done anything overly fancy in the 3 years since I got mine all the network connection can do is find network shares and play things that are stored elsewhere or power things like the built-in netflix app.

Unless you take the external and plug it into your computer to load files on to it, it's not likely that you'll be able to find a way to do what you want.

Back
Top Bottom