Sudden Packet loss. Please Help.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
2 days ago I started experiencing weird lag problem in one of the games I play online (Heroes of Newerth). The character in game would have about 1 second delay before actually performing my commands.

I tested everything I could think of. I also changed the router, but the lag is still there. And its not just the game. My Ventrillo application is also lagging according to my friends who say when I speak they can hear me lag...etc

I came across some instructions online to determine what networking issue I might be having. I pinged google, yahoo, verizon and some other website. In average I get about %15 packet loss in all of them. This is the command I used in CMD just in case anyone is wondering. "ping -1 1300 -n 100 www22.verizon.com" I got 9% loss 100 sent 91 received.

I am on hold on the phone with verizon Fios tech support trying to get threw to someone. I been calling them for the past 2 days and all they could really do for me was to restart my fios box that is outside my house. That did nothing.

Like I sad I did try 2 different routers with the same symptoms so it must be something on Verizons side, no? My current router is D-Link 4500 firmware 1.15. And if anyone is wondering I am hardwired to it.

The Internet does seem to be a bit lagging, not as responsive as b4. however when I test my connection it seems fine.

Please help :( thanks.

can you run a traceroute somewhere to see where your getting bogged downed

thats what I was thinking Jacob, run a tracert then you can see where the slow connection is. Then maybe try it from another location / internet connection and compaire

Fios resolved the problem. Issue solved

thanks guys.

It was something on there end that they had to fix

Back
Top Bottom