speeding up connection

tympyst

Beta member
hi everyone, im in need of a solution to a little problem. I play alot of games but i have my network going through a router. i did a little test and when my connection was going through the router i was gettin round 250ms in ping. after i disconnected it i was gettin round 90ms in ping. im lookin for a way to disable the firewall and whatever else may be doing this. i also want to see if there are any products that will fix this like hubs, switches, routers without firewalls. pretty much anything that will fix this. if it helps the router im going through is a netgear websafe router gateway RP614. thanks for any help possible.

why would you want to expose yoruself to further threats just to play a game???

never open yourself!!! speically wiht all these new holes out id never do that.

and most online games arent that demanding. i can play any online game i want wihtout turing firewall off and they run blazin fast!!!

I got a 3 meg connection cable what do you have???

ive got like 812k dsl. also i really dont care about security because i have nothing they can steal really. im sure youll say there is always something for them to steal but i really dont care. also they can mess up my comp, i can always reformat. im just askin if there is any way i can get my speed up and dont worry about security because that is last on my list of things i care about.

every bit of speed counts but it will also help with other problems cause my fw blocks lots of other stuff i want. and is there any hardware that can directly put the connection right to the 2 comps? like hubs or switches? I dont really know what either of those actually do so it would be nice if you could tell me.

Back
Top Bottom