Rras 2003

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
Im trying to setup a 2003 server, it has two NIC cards, one from which the internet comes in (from a netgear router 192.168.0.1) and the other NIC card has a static IP from the servers DHCP (10.0.0.1) iv installed rras and setup nat, but when i connect another pc to the network i only get an ip from the server 10.0.0.x and no internet, the pcs ipconfig is: default gateway 10.0.0.1, DHCP 10.0.0.1 and DNS 10.0.0.1

iv been able to set this up before, but think im missing something here

have you turned on the internet connection sharing.

(selecting properties of the network adapter, looking at the advanced tab and checking allow other people to connect to the internet?)

you cant use that way as Routing and Remote Access is installed on the server, thats the problem, its all setup but still not getting internet

Sorry, I just looked on a server and, you're right of course.

ok...
the set up should be...
start routing and remote access from the control panel/admin tools.,

right click the computer, press configure
press next
select NAT (or VPN and NAT depending on whether you need this too)
press next
select the red interface (Internet/WAN/Modem) -possibly a dial on demand interface
press next
select the green/amber interface (network that you want to give internet access to). (LAN/DMZ etc)
select to enable basic services (DNS etc)
since you already have these set up you can choose to select (I will set these up later)

press finish...

that's it.
job done.

now clients on your LAN network should be able to get out of the WAN interface on the server.

(You can do this with only one card... but really, it's a bit messier like that, and I question what the point is.)

sorry for the late reply, thats what iv been doing, but just wasnt getting the internet on the LAN, it wasnt adding static routes, so i had to add them in myself in the routing table, and now its all working

Back
Top Bottom