Router problems - for a friend

chery

Baseband Member
Another friend of mine needs help. The last one joined up, and this one will also, I'm sure. I just don't know enough to help him, so I'm going to you experts for help. Thanks in advance! :confused:

router access point problems I have a wrt54g router and a wap54g access point. Now the problem is I have used them both for some time now but just recently they have started to lose the signal, well the wireless network will just go away. I mean for no reason the wireless network will just go away as fast as it appered. I have upgraded both so that they are running the most up to date firmware. this was an issue about a week ago and I fixed it but now it seems to be happening again. the fix last time was to update the firmware. I am able to use the network as long as I am connected by a cable but the wireless is not there. it is as if the wireless is turned off. Nothing has been changed. The connection to the access point was working after I rebooted it the router and the computer. but died after about 4 minutes. the access point is setup as a repeater but it is not working. can anyone help me with this. I am with in 10 feet of the router and the access point is within 20 feet of the router and I still loose the signal. I use the access point because is give a better signal I think there is something in the house that kills the signal. I do not pick up any wireless signal from any other networks. what can be going on. I am rather good with networks as that is what I do but this has me stumped so anyone please help.

Update the firmware as step one, then try keeping the distance down to minimum. You can adjust the distance from the command line with telnet or use the web interface.

Cut off your cordless phones and if there is a microwave around, unplug it. They send waves out on the same spectrum as the wireless disrupting the interaction causing interference.

CD regonition

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I bet I just got you a new member again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom